St Mary's Church is Grade 1 listed by English Heritage
A church has existed on the site since c1208 with additions from the 14th-16th centuries, much Victorian restoration and in the late 20th century renovation of the vestry and installation of a digital organ.
Three years ago we completed a huge repair project to make the roof and exterior of the church sound for the next 100 years and have recently completed a major internal refurbishment and improvement to provide a kitchen and toilet, social area, enclosed the arcade with frameless glazing to create a meeting room or chapel or crèche and installed state-of-the-art lighting and a/v and new improved heating.
From EH website:
Mediaeval; several alterations in C19, the main phase in 1845. The plain south chancel doorway is probably C13; its C17 door has reused C14/C15 hinges and closing ring. Major alterations in early and mid C14; a number of Y-traceried windows and a large 3-light west window with intersecting tracery. 2-bay south aisle, the arcade having heavy capitals and bases; the 3-light east aisle window is flanked by image niches, and nearby is a piscina for a side-altar. Plain C14 north nave doorway (now blocked), and beside it and opposite a single-light window each with cusped head. Tower added mid C14 with crenellated and flush- work panelled parapets; 2-light belfry openings and lion-head gargoyles. The simple early C14 south doorway was reduced in size mid C14, and given a moulded stone frame; the door has original ironmongery, and cusped framing at the head. Over the outer doorway is a clock by Fordham 1737, and an earlier sundial (said to be of 1729). The nave walling was raised mid C15 and given 2-light clerestory windows; good 6-bay moulded hammerbeam roof with arch- braced high collars. Good octagonal C15 limestone font with figures and shields on alternate faces of bowl, and animal sculpture around the stem. Fine octagonal pulpit of c.1600 with carved and arcaded panels. On the nave walls are 13 panels with scriptural texts painted in early C18, directly onto the wall-plaster (there is one more in the chancel). A fragment of C14 stained glass in the south-west nave window.