St Martin's Tuddenham is Grade 1 listed by English Heritage
The church building dates from the 12th century, with later Victorian period additions and the addition of mains water and drainage as part of millennium alterations.
Sponsor the church floodlighting for a weekend for £5 (perhaps to celebrate an anniversary or birthday or in memory of a loved one). Details of sponsorship are acknowledged in "Pew News", the church weekly notice sheet
Churchwarden Jim Punton co-ordinates sponsorship. Email him or ring 01473 785296 or write to Camforth, Tuddenham Lane, Tuddenham St Martin IP6 9BY.
Medieval with alternations. C12 north doorway. C15 plank door. An early C14 angle piscina with moulded shafts beside blocked south chancel window. Major alterations of mid and late C15. North and south nave windows of 3 lights, late C15. Good 5-bay late C15 roof with hammer-beams carved as angels; more angels are affixed to wall-pieces. Heavily moulded cornice, high collars and kingposts. Roodloft stairs in south wall complete with upper and lower doorways; in the north wall opposite is an image niche. Octagonal limestone font, an inscription on the base records its gift in 1443 by Richard and Agnes Sylvester; very fine sculptured figures in high relief on bowl and at corners of stem; painted pyramid cover added C19. C15 oak octagonal pulpit with exceptional carving. Fine poppyhead bench ends of C15, with buttresses supporting carved figures; thoroughly but skilfully restored c.1843 by Henry Ringham.